Ajax connected SmartParts WSS vs. MOSS

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:32 AM
Dear all,

first of all: SmartPart is great!
Did some nice connected webparts with AJAX-support on my development machine --> WSS
Deployment to MOSS didn't work :-( well in fact the Connected Webparts didn't work on a Website based on MOSS-Templates but work on an Empty Website (WSS-Site-Template AFAIK)

Do you have any experiences if this is a matter of the choosen master-page, how I might fix that problem?

YHIA

Stefan
Sep 24, 2007 at 10:30 AM
found the difference, but not yet the reason ...

I was using different masterpages :-/

using default masterpage it works, using the also provided blueband master it doesn't...

so I'll check the differences on those two and come back with an explanation, or is there anybody out there, who already has one ?!? ;-)

KR
Sep 25, 2007 at 9:06 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2007 at 9:08 AM
well, those 2 "bugs" could I find in the non-default-masters:

first and most important for my issue is the fact, that the WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager must be inside the FORM-Tag and not outside ... moved it and voila :-)

second and nearly only cosmetic: the TITLE-Tag in the html-header includes a ContentPlaceHolder, but this one is placed on a new line with two leading TABs ... Ajax-Posts do not like this ... removed linefeed and tabs and title was working correctly :-)

the used masterpage in my issue was the blueband-master, think the problems are the same for the others, because none of them worked with connected-ajax-smartparts

HTH
Stefan