Loading UserControls from a UserControl hosted by SmartPart

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2008 at 9:26 PM
I am using SmartPart to Load User Controls (.ascx) in a SharePoint Page. In the code I am trying to access External resources such as File System. When non-admin users try to the access the page, they are getting a 403 forbidden error but for admins who have admin privileges on the Server, they do not get any errors. I tried to use SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivilges around the code that is accessing the File system but it didnt work. I tried to even impersonate a super user who is an admin on the server but of no use. The Impersonated credentials are not making all the way through.

One of my options is to give the domain users Read access to the Web folder, I tested this and it is working but I dont know if this is the right solution.

Any feedback is helpful,

thanks in advance
Aug 7, 2008 at 4:41 PM
Did you resolve this issue? if so How?
Aug 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM

This is what I have done to fix my issue, I am not sure if you have similar issue.

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

To: sujan_t@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:54:44 -0700
Subject: Re: Loading UserControls from a UserControl hosted by SmartPart [smartpart:22569]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: BobBreton
Did you resolve this issue? if so How?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (smartpart@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email smartpart@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com