Connection Between SmartParts (send data between ascx) in Sharepoint 2007

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM
Hello guys, I'm new in codeplex...

I find the Smartpart1.3 and i working on it... so far i have no problems deploying Web User Controls in Sharepoint, and i can send data between them with Sessions variables and creating .aspx per .ascx, which i don't like,

What I'm trying to do, is send data between ASCX in SharePoint 2007 in the same aspx, but after some research I couldn't find any solution. at all just simply connection between web parts in Visual Studio 2008 and aspx, but no sharepoint...

Do you have some examples of sending a single string between ASCX with Smartparts V1.3 or can anyone put me in the right road to make this work...

Sorry for the typos....
Oct 15, 2008 at 12:44 PM
I am also facing the same problem....please let me know the solution if available.
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM

You can build two user controls and use a session variable to communicate between the two user controls on the same page. 

So what I've done, is create two user controls; one control to set the variable and the second to read the variable.  Then you can create one .aspx page and put two smart part webparts on it.  This way you can don't have to create two pages. 

Another solution is to write it to database or .xml file and read it in on the other user control.

I don't think you can share variables between user controls.

HTH