Smart part with host headers

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Hi,

I have Smart Part working on my default SharePoint web site hosted on port 80 within the Default zone of the web application. I extended my default web application and specified a host header name (intranet.mycompany.com), mapped it to the Intranet Zone which uses Basic Authentication and kept the site on port 80.

I copied over my usercontrols from the original port 80 folder "wss\virtualdirectories\80" to the new extended "wss\virtualdirectories\intranet.mycompany.com 80" folder. The user controls still work on the original port 80 but they do not work on the new extended web application at http://intranet.mycompany.com. I am getting the error "Could not load usercontrol...".

Does Smart Part support multi-homed sites? Is Basic Authentication the problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Big
Oct 1, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Hi:

Has anyone found a solution to the Host Header issue?  I have a site on port 80 that is using SmartPart.  I created a new web application which is also on port 80, used host header to go to the extended site.  In the extended site when I drop a SmartPart and try to load a user control it is showing the user controls from the default port 80 site.  How can I get SmartPart in the new site to access the user controls in this virtual directory?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thansk,

MM