How to make Ajax Consumer/Producer webpart works

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hi,

I have successfully enabled AJAX in my sharepoint site, i want to know how to configure consumer producer webparts after adding them in 2 smartpart webparts in 2 different zones to connect to each other.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Dear all,

i have the smiliar issue.  I installed Return Of The Smartpart 1.3 succesfully. I'm also using SmartPart With Ajax succesfully. 

But i can't make "consumer/provider sample" work which comes with ReturnOfSmartPartv1_3.zip package. It doesn't give any error. When i click "send data" button, nothing happens. I put a breakpoint to  GetProviderData() method. But it doesn't fell into that. What should i do? I need an urgent help.

I need an urgent help.

King Regards

Jul 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Did you make the connection between the consumer and producer webpart ?

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi, what should i do to make that connection?

Best Regards.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hi,

Use the following instructions to make a connection between the SampleConsumer and SampleProvider smartparts that Mr. Tielens’ has provided:

1. Add the SampleConsumer and SampleProvider in separate web part zones on the same SharePoint page as you initially have done.
  2. Click Site Actions>Edit Page
  3. On the SampleConsumer web part click Edit> Connections>Receive text data from>SampleProvider

You can also establish the connection using the same approach with the SampleProvider webpart as well.  Sounds so easy once explained but I had to spend some time figuring it out as well.  I tried viewing the Small screencast of connectable web parts in action on http://smartpart.codeplex.com/ but the link appears to be incorrect.

Kudos to Jan Tielens for doing this,

Dave Ghikas