Nothing happens when picking SmartPart

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I successfully registered ReturnOfSmartPartv1_3 and I can see SmartPart and SmartPart with Ajax as selectable parts when I try to add a new web part to a page. However, selecting them just puts me back to the page edit mode and no part appears. The part is not added to the page. The following appears in one of my log files:

Unable to retrieve parent node for item at: /Pages/SmartPart.aspx of type: Page. This may be expected if changes have been made as the System Account, or if this is a POST request, request type: GET

EDIT: Let me add that in the Site Collection Features, Return of Smart Part does NOT appear. All installation indicated that the feature installed correctly and I also used the command line to run stsadm - o activatefeature... as well. That also indicated success. The fact that the feature does not appear would indicated that there is a problem with the installation.

EDIT: I found my problem. First, I was not looking in the proper place for the Site Collection features. Secondly, I was using Google Chrome browser which apparently does not post back properly when selecting parts. The control seems to be working fine.