Feb 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM
I installed SmartPart on a SharePoint 2007 SP2 Enterprise virtual machine and ran into the issue where the
User Control To Display drop down list box prefixes each otherwise eligible control with
Cannot load ...
I tried restarting IIS which did NOT fix the issue.
Finally, I ran a special PowerShell script that deleted all files beneath
c:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.Net Files\ and then, more good measure, reset IIS again.
I then closed all of my browser sessions.
After that, I was able to use the sample HelloSmartPart.ascx in a regular SmartPart and I was able to use the sample AjaxHelloSmartPart.ascx in an AJAX SmartPart.
I hope this helps others struggling with the same issue.
For the record, my virtual machine is running:
Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-bit) + all patches through February 2010
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise (32-bit) SP1 + post-SP1 Cumulative Update 7 (a.k.a., 10.0.2746.0)
SharePoint 2007 Enterprise (32-bit) SP2
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition SP1